These crispy buffalo chicken wings are the best baked chicken wings I’ve ever had. The are crispy, full of buffalo flavor, and messy yet fabulous. Adding the sauce at the end really makes them and they are perfect for an appetizer, dinner, super bowl or anytime! They’re super easy to make and I guarantee people will love them. Let us know what you think if you make them!
What you need to make crispy buffalo chicken wings + substitutions:
- Chicken wings- We usually find our chicken wings at Costco or Whole Foods. We love both options, but use whatever you prefer. Make sure you dry out your wings very well. That is what helps them get even crispier!
- All-purpose flour- We used all-purpose flour for coating the chicken. You could definitely use gluten-free all purpose flour if needed. It really helps the chicken to get that nice crisp to it.
- Baking powder- The baking powder also really helps to get the chicken crispy.
- Chili powder- The chili powder adds some spice and flavor to the wings before the sauce. So good.
- Garlic powder- Garlic just adds more flavor to the wings and is always needed.
- Sea salt- Sea salt is key to any recipe!
- Black pepper- Black pepper adds a little spice and goodness to this chicken.
- Buffalo sauce- Our preferred buffalo sauce is Wingtime sauce all the way. We found it at Whole Foods years ago and have never looked back. I haven’t been able to find it in awhile, because apparently it’s only at Walmart and a few other places but it’s SO GOOD! This time we used this one and it worked great as well!
If you love this, you may also love:
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bottle buffalo sauce this one is our favorite!
- ranch for dipping
- Lay your chicken out to air dry for 30-45 min. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pat chicken dry paper towels (the drier they are the crispier they’ll get!)
- In small bowl, mix together the spice coating ingredients: flour, baking powder, chili powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Dip the wings in the flour mixture (flour, baking powder, chili powder, garlic, sea salt & black pepper).
- Place all the wings on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes & flip halfway. Check chicken and make sure the internal temperature is 165F degrees.
- Let wings cool a little bit and pour them into a large bowl. Coat chicken in as much sauce as you prefer and serve!
- We love to serve our with a side of carrots, celery, and ranch. They're messy, delicious, and a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
Pingback: Super Bowl Recipes Round-Up - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Crispy Grilled Chicken Wings - Daddio's Kitchen