We have been making these crispy grilled chicken wings for years, even dating back to one of our only few youtube videos. Check it out here! Wings are always so good and there are a number of ways to cook them. But when it comes to the grill this is hands down our favorite recipe. We use a lot of seasoning but it does a great job of adding the perfect flavor. We tend to make these all summer long and they are great for either lunch or dinner. Everything you need for making these delicious chicken wings can be found down below. Enjoy!!
What you need to make crispy grilled chicken wings + substitutions:
- Chicken wings- We usually find our chicken wings at Costco or Whole Foods. We love both options, but use whatever you prefer. Make sure you dry out your wings very well. That is what helps them get even crispier!
- Franks RedHot sauce- Franks RedHot is our go-to for hot sauce. The original flavor is our favorite because it is the perfect blend of flavor and heat and the ingredients are simple: cayenne red peppers, distilled vinegar, water, salt and garlic powder.
- Sea salt- We use sea salt for every single thing we make. Sweet and savory because it brings out the flavor. Our favorite brand of sea salt is hands down Redmond! We even recently got a discount code daddioskitchen for 15% off!
- Black pepper- An essential seasoning that is a different kind of spicy from say a chili pepper.
- Garlic powder- Another essential seasoning that adds great flavor especially as a dry rub like these chicken wings.
- Coriander powder- Coriander is dried cilantro or coriander seeds. When combined in a powder and dried it adds great flavor.
- Onion powder- A great seasoning for vegetables, meat, seafood and salad dressings.
- Lime- An acidic flavor with a distinct sour taste that brightens the wings flavor.
If you love this, you may also love:
Crispy Grilled Chicken Wings
- 4½-5 lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup franks red hot original sauce
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 limes juiced
- In order to get crispy wings, pat dry the chicken with a paper towel.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the chicken wings, Franks RedHot, all the seasoning and lime. Mix well.
- Heat grill to 400° – 450°. Once heated, add the chicken on the grill making sure the chicken is not touching.
- Cook chicken on both sides for about 8-9 mins. Internal cook temperature should be 165°F degrees.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!