This simple Greek salad dressing is one I used to make all the time! It’s super easy to throw together & has all the Mediterranean flavors! It’s based off a recipe my sister-in-law found and sent me years ago. It really can elevate any salad and I love how simple it is. I always forget how easy salad dressings are to make at home. This is definitely a favorite of mine! You could also use it as a marinade for chicken if you want to make Greek chicken. The best part is you just need a jar to make this. I use a mason jar or an old jam jar!
What you need to make simple Greek salad dressing + substitutions:
- Red wine vinegar- The red wine vinegar is a classic in any Greek recipe. It gives that perfect punch and pairs so well with the spices and olive oil. I wouldn’t substitute anything else here!
- Olive oil- Olive oil is an absolute must. When I can, I love to use good quality extra-virgin olive oil. I think it really makes a difference in the rich flavor. You can also use regular olive oil. If you prefer a little less punch from the vinegar, then just add a little more olive oil to your liking.
- Dijon mustard- This adds the perfect saltiness and also gives the dressing a little creaminess. I wouldn’t substitute for another mustard personally.
- Garlic powder- I love the flavor that garlic brings! You can reduce it if you’d like.
- Dried oregano- The dried oregano just tastes like Greek food to me since they use so much of it in dishes.
- Dried basil- I love the addition of dried basil, adds a nice touch to this simple Greek salad dressing.
- Onion powder- Another great addition and flavor to this dressing.
- Sea salt & pepper- Season to taste! If you need more of less just adjust it to your preference!
If you love this, you may also love:
Simple Greek Salad Dressing
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a medium jar, add in red wine vinegar and dijon. Shake or stir it up.
- Next, add in all seasonings and give another good stir or shake with the lid on.
- Lastly, pour in the olive oil while stirring the mixture. Or pour in and give another good shake until everything is incorporated!
- Pour over whatever you prefer and enjoy! You can even use it as a marinade for chicken if you'd like!
Pingback: Simple Greek Salad Dressing — Daddio’s Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki & Veggie Medley - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Summer Italian Pasta Salad - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Spinach & Feta Egg Bake - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Greek Chicken & Veggie Skewers - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Meal Prep Mediterranean Bowls - Daddio's Kitchen