These are truly the easiest meatball subs! We took a bunch of shortcuts by making everything store-bought and these are a winner! All you do is let frozen meatballs cook in a crockpot with sauce and then layer up your subs. It’s the perfect dinner for a busy day and you really can’t mess it up. We got mostly everything from Costco to make it a Costco dinner, but you could easily substitute with whatever works for you!
What you need to make the easiest meatball subs + substitutions:
- Baguettes- Any baguette will do! We just bought baguettes from Costco! You could also use any kind of bread you prefer like hoagie rolls or ciabatta.
- Italian meatballs- We got the frozen Italian meatballs from Costco. These are so good and quick for an easy meal! You can use homemade or any meatball that you’d like!
- Marinara- Our favorite jarred sauce is hands down Rao’s. Nothing compares in my opinion. We usually buy the giant jars from Costco anyway, but of course any marinara you like will work.
- Provolone cheese- You could use provolone or fresh mozzarella here. We used provolone and actually didn’t get this one from Costco, because we didn’t need that much cheese haha. I mean we always need cheese, but you know what I mean!
- Pesto– This is an extra and not required, but totally adds an extra fun flavor to these! The Costco pesto is hands down my favorite when I’m not making my own.
- Basil- For garnish if you’d like! Optional, but highly suggest it.
If you love this, you may also love:
The Easiest Meatball Subs
These are truly the easiest meatball subs! We took a bunch of shortcuts by making everything store-bought and these are a winner! All you do is let frozen meatballs cook in a crockpot with sauce and then layer up your subs. It's the perfect dinner for a busy day and you really can't mess it up. We got mostly everything from Costco to make it a Costco dinner, but you could easily substitute with whatever works for you!
- 1-2 large baguettes
- 20-30 frozen Italian meatballs
- 28 oz marinara sauce
- ¼-⅓ cup pesto
- 10-15 slices provolone
- fresh basil for garnish
- I know the servings for everything varies, but you can't mess this recipe up! You just use as much as you want of each item!
- Place about 20-30 frozen meatballs in your crockpot.
- Add the whole jar of marinara, it doesn't matter if you use 20-30 meatballs because there will be plenty of sauce.
- Cook on low for as little as 2 hours and up to 5-6 hours. You really can't overcook these!
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut your baguettes into subs and then slice lengthwise.
- Layer with sliced provolone or mozzarella, meatballs with sauce, and a little layer of pesto on one side of the sub.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is warm. Garnish with fresh basil if you'd like and enjoy!
For Storing: Store the extra cooled meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 extra days.
Pingback: The Easiest Meatball Subs — Daddio’s Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: Postpartum Meal Prep Guide - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Costco Grocery List - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Boats - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Easy Steak & Cheese Roll - Daddio's Kitchen