These are family’s favorite easy cheeseburgers! They come together so quickly and you can easily cook them on the grill or even inside on a cast iron. We just use ground beef and spices to make a simple & flavorful burger. The kids love them too! You just mix up the meat, flatten out your burger, grill, and assemble! You can also prep the burgers in the morning to grill later or even double the recipe to freeze half to make it easy on you next time!
What you need to make our favorite easy cheeseburgers + substitutions:
- Ground beef- We use ground beef for these ones! If you want a turkey burger, this is our favorite recipe! I love getting organic ground beef at Costco. Or we try to buy grass-fed when we’re able too!
- Spices– We use sea salt and pepper obviously, because those are required. Thomas then adds garlic powder, paprika, and coriander. They all just add great flavor and I highly suggest not skipping any of them. We use all three in a bunch of our recipes.
- Burger buns- You can obviously use any burger bun you want, but these Dave’s killer bread buns are hands down our favorite.
- Cheddar cheese- You can use any cheese you prefer! We did sliced cheddar.
- Lettuce- You can use romaine, leaf lettuce, whatever you want!
- Tomato- We love to add fresh tomato to our cheeseburgers when they’re in season! Nice and juicy and pretty!
- Red onions- Thomas always adds red onions to his and you can’t go wrong. Well unless your like me and red onions give you acid reflux, then skip them haha!
- Pickles- Bread and butter pickles are our favorite for this. Our grocery store was actually out of McClure’s when we shot this recipe so we don’t have any on here, but I highly suggest them!
- Ketchup & mustard– A must for our favorite easy cheeseburgers.
Equipment to use:
- Cast Iron Grill Pan– We did ours on the grill, but you can also easily use a cast iron pan. This is our favorite!
If you love this, you may also love:
Our Favorite Easy Cheeseburgers
For the burgers:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- burger buns we love Dave's Killer Bread
- sliced cheese we used cheddar
- red onion
- bread & butter pickles we love McClure's
- ketchup & mustard
- Pat dry beef with paper towels to get rid of excess moisture.
- Using a fork, break down the beef and then add seasonings. Mix the beef together until all incorporated. Divide into 4 patties.
- To make them thin, place a square of parchment paper down, add on the beef circle, another sheet of parchment, and then flatten with a hard flat surface. We used a pan. Or you can easily just press them out with your hands if you prefer.
- Fire up the grill and cook on each side for about 2-3 min. They cook super fast since they're thin. Or you can cook them in a cast iron with avocado oil until desired doneness. Add cheese to one side and let it melt on top.
- Assemble your burgers. Burger bun, lettuce, tomato, red onion, bread and butter pickles, ketchup and mustard. Or however you like yours! Enjoy!