Basically like a peanut butter cup but in cookie form. Need I say more?! Soft chocolate cookies topped with a thick & dreamy peanut butter frosting. Sprinkled with some gold sprinkles, because why not? You need these in your weekend and in your life! TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!
- For the Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spoon & leveled
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder (I used this one, but any cocoa powder should work!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I used JIF natural)
- 2-4 tbsp milk, depending on how you like it
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until well combined. Next, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Pour in the flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, & baking powder. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. It helps to scoop the dough as well as the flavors to marinate together!
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Once the dough has chilled, scoop (I use this large cookie scoop, but you can always use your hands or a spoon) out onto a lined baking sheet (I typically use parchment paper or a silpat).
- Bake cookies for about 10-14 minutes until edges are done and the center is soft but cooked through. If your cookie dough is coming straight from the fridge, cook closer to 14 minutes. If your cookie dough is coming from room temperature, cook closer to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- While the cookies are baking, go ahead and make the frosting. This recipe yields a good amount of frosting so you can get a thick icing on top. Once the cookies are done and completely cool, slather frosting onto each cookie. Sprinkle with sprinkles of your choice & enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a 4-5 days! Best enjoyed at room temperature but stored in the fridge because of the milk in the frosting. Hope you enjoy!